Saturday, July 21, 2007

Setting up the room

This past week, my mom came up to help set up my classroom. We got a great start, but there is still a lot to do. I am much more excited now that I have the classroom more prepared! Here are some pictures for you to see.
My lovely art and crafts center

Front of classroom and calendar

My word wall named "Key Words"
The reading center. After the kids read a book they tear off a "Admit One" raffle ticket, write their name on the back and place it in the popcorn box. At the end of the week I randomly draw one name out, and the winner gets a prize from the treasure box! Lots of fun!!!

3 comments:

Devion said...

That looks great!!! How exciting! I'm so happy for you that you got everything set up and ready to roll. You're going to do great this year!

Devion said...

I don't have your e-mail address, but I wanted to send you an invite to my new blog. If you wanna e-mail it to me, you can at mdvickers@juno.com! See you Sunday!

Devion said...

I missed seeing you Sunday! I was up in my 2nd grade classroom, so I wasn't in the all-church class. Just in case you weren't there Sunday for some reason, I wanted to be sure you knew about the time changes for the next 2 weeks...

Next week (Aug 5), class is at 9:00 and church is at 10:00 with only the 1 service.

On Aug 12, we switch to 1st service at 8:15 and the rest stays the same.

Hope you're doing well and getting excited about school! We're praying for you both!!!